twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Productivity(?) vs. Sleep: the Conclusion


So it's official. I'm back to my old sleeping pattern now, a solid chuck of 6-8hrs every night. I am proud to have hung in there at 2 hours of sleep a day for a full-week before giving up.

So.. was it worth it?  Yes! We should be doing anything we can to challenge what's considered normal. What's the fun in life if we live it like everyone else?

Is living on 2 hours of sleep possible? I truly believe that the 2 hours of sleep a day could work if you are able to stick to it for the first 10 days and have a life that allows you to keep to your nap times.


Whats next? I'm going back to my old sleeping cycle for a bit and then will be attempting a less extreme change in the near future. Something like the EveryMan Sleep Cycle, where you get 3-4 hours of sleep at night and one or two 20min naps in the day.

Random Thoughts:
  • My biggest fear while being 'sleep deprived' was stairs. I felt like I was going to fall whenever I was going up or down them and had to put all my focus into it. 
  • The hardest part was getting up after my 12am/1am nap along with a social life that curbed my ability to sleep at those set times.
  • I learn't how to Jazzercise, if you don't know what it is watch this YouTube video
  • I didn't actually become more productive, instead I read into the most random subjects
  • If I do this again I need to pick up a hobby, maybe I'll touch up on my artistic skills

0 comments:

Post a Comment