twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Applying for my India Visa


I sent off my Indian Visa application in the mail on Tuesday!

However, there has been a recent and rather unfortunate change in how tourist visas work. I applied for a basic six month tourist visa, but if I want to leave India at any time to visit surrounding countries I won't be allowed back in India for two months!

I know that I could easily spend my entire trip in India without getting to see all of it, so there is no real need for me to go to neighboring countries, but this type of typical bureaucracy still makes me mad. What if I want to visit Mount Everest, fly down to Sri Lanka, or visit friends in Thailand? I mean I'm flying halfway around the world to visit this country and they feel as if they have the right to stop me from visiting other destinations?!


I marked 'multiple entry' on my visa application. Even if my multiple entry visa gets approved I will still have to apply in person for special permission, when in India, to void their '2 month' rule. Without an itinerary set in stone and flights booked to prove it there is little chance they will approve it.. But I generally find a way around this sort of thing, so all is not lost yet.


Hoping my visa gets approved without any problems.

Only 46 days till I leave for India.

0 comments:

Post a Comment