twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Have Questions? Will Answer.

It seems there have been quite a few questions left unanswered. I will clarify on a few of the most common ones that have come up, but if you have any more feel free to ask!

When am I leaving?

I recently booked my flights and the departure date is mid-September. As for how I picked the exact date I knew approximately when I wanted to leave, +/- 7day, and picked the cheapest date available to fly out on.

How often will I be making blog posts?

For the remaining time before I take off, mid-September, I'll be making roughly two blog posts per week.

After I take off and am traveling abroad I will try to make posts as often as possible. I have yet to decide if I will be taking a netbook with me or rely on internet cafes, but you can expect posts every other day (except while in remote areas with no internet access).

How long am I going for?
 The flights are booked 92 days apart, leaving mid-September and arriving back in Saskatoon before Christmas. So subtract a day for flights each way and there are 90 days for me to travel!

Am I quiting school?

Yes.. but only for a semester! I will have one year left of classes when I return. I am registered in classes for term 2, January-April, so I still remain a current student at the Edwards School of Business. Unless I can find a surplus of money to continue traveling on while abroad I will be returning in time for the second semester of university classes.

Where all do I plan to go?

I have no idea, and that's the way I like it right now. I will be creating and posting a rough itinerary later on, but I cannot guarantee there will be any attempt on my behalf to follow it. I will have a basic plan, which will include quite a bit of details and planning for the first week or so then I will just go wherever feels right.

Who am I going with?

No one! I'll be flying solo. It's a decision I made early on while planning this trip. One of the major reasons I decided to travel solo is because of the flexibility it will give me, i.e. the ability to "just go wherever feels right". There are of course other reasons for, and several advantages and disadvantages to, my decision but I'll save that for another time.

Cheers,

0 comments:

Post a Comment