twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Flights are booked, One Step Closer.


I finalized and booked my flights to India this week. 

I had been watching the prices of tickets from Saskatoon to both Mumbai and New Delhi every day for the past 6-8 weeks. I've always found booking flights to be stressful, especially when you are working with a very tight budget where every dollar counts.

I have seen the cheapest flights fluctuate from $1,350 to well over $2,000 during the past two months. Unfortunately, when the prices were at their lowest the summer had just started so I didn't have the money in the bank to purchase the tickets.

With the help of a little forecasting in prices, and a decent amount of money now in the bank, I was able to finally purchase my tickets towards the end of this week. 

The final price for return airfare to Mumbai from Saskatoon, taxes and fees included, $1470.

My trip to India is being funded entirely by myself and the money I am able to save from my summer employment. I will be showing you all my saving schedule and budget later-on. Staying on track has been, and continues to be, a bit of a struggle to say the least but it's my only option. 

I am fairly happy with the price I was able to book at. The prices shot up again the day after I booked so it looks like my timing was just right.

It seems I am one step closer to my 92 day adventure in India.

2 comments:

SW said...

what are the dates of your flight? Are you leaving SK before winter hits?

Simon S said...

I'll be leaving before winter hits! My flight takes off mid-September. But that also means I'll get back in the middle of winter when its getting the coldest.

Post a Comment