twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Productivity(?) vs. Sleep: Day 1

I spent a few hours yesterday researching the main three options for alternative sleeping (Uberman, Everyman, and the Dymaxion). The Everyman is without a doubt the easiest of the three. I think most students have used it at some point. Uberman, although it has an epic name, requires too much discipline and too many scheduled nap times. Therefore I decided to go with... the Dymaxion! There has only been one documented case of anyone successfully using this sleeping technique, the inventor Buckminster Fuller! (Who is said to have died at an early age for unknown reasons...But anyhow..)


Basically the plan for me is to sleep for 30 minutes every six hours. I have to keep the nap times constant so I picked the times to be: 12am, 6am, 12pm, 6pm.


I've started the sleeping pattern last-night and will continue with the help of two or three very loud alarms. I now have 22 hours per day to fill with.. things.. I don't actually know what I'm going to be doing but during the 'trouble hours' (aka 1am-5am, when I want to sleep the most) I will be doing something that can keep my attention. Sometime like picking up first person shooter video-games again and working out whenever I start to feel tired.

It's 10 mins till nap time so that's all for now.

- Simon Sywanyk (11:50pm, Feb 23rd)

0 comments:

Post a Comment