twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Leaving the Taj behind

I leave Agra later today for Jaipur, Rajasthan (the desert state). My train bookings are always last minute so it left me with few options of when I would leave/arrive. The train will be arriving in Jaipur around 10pm, assuming there is a miracle and the train isn't late by several hours. This leaves me at the mercy of my rickshaw driver for the first night as my ability to wonder around and find somewhere on my own that has 24hr reception is limited.

I bought some dvd's yesterday (a dvd containing six good quality movies with subtitles/ surroundsound costs around 75rs) for the train ride as I'm not a huge fan of talking with everyone when I'm feeling sick. So I'm keeping my ear buds in and my sunglasses down today. I would love nothing more at this point than to have an entire day, just one, where no strangers talk to me, ask me where I'm from and try to devise a way to get rupees from, or take pictures with, me.

One a more positive note, I got a call from a familiar voice back home this morning that put a smile on my face and a good start to my day. Thank you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment