twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One week remaining


I just realized that one week from today I will be on a plane, on my way back home.

I booked a train to Mumbai tomorrow. Seeing as it will be my last train ride in India I thought it was worth splurging a little and booked a first class air conditioned berth for 2,350rs($50). I don't have a confirmed ticket though as every train was fully book so I'm waitlisted. Being waitlisted isn't anything new, but it is making me slightly nervous as I need to get back to Mumbai for my flight.


For those of you wondering what I've been up to in Jaipur, other then the entertaining first couple days, not much. Sure the city has ancient forts and temples, but it's nothing I haven't already seen a million times. I've been spending most my days sharing travel stories with other backpackers over a McChicken burger at McDonalds, fighting with rickshaw drivers, or wondering the endless bazzars in the old city.

2 comments:

SW said...

Wow, what a whirlwind. YAY for splurging on a first class ticket. Do you still have your phone? I'll give you a call again soon!

Simon S said...

Yep, I still have my phone on me with quite a few credits left so feel free to ring :)

The AC1 train didn't work out so I got stuck in Jaipur for another night. I got a confirmed ticket for today, but its for a berth in a lower class (half the price though!).

Post a Comment