twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hampi (Day 1-2)


I arrived in Hospet Friday morning. Its the main transport hub in the area, with a 100rs rickshaw ride from the trainstation I shortly after arrived in Hampi. Ofcourse, I had no hotelbookings. This usually isn't a problem unless there is a big festival or celebration taking place.. Which there was. I grabbed one of the last hotel rooms avaliable and have been watching the prices skyrocket everyday since. I'm paying 350-500rs per night for my room with attached bath, but if I wanted the same thing now that the festival is in full swing it would be around 700-800rs!
The good thing about religous festivals is everyone gathers, and stays, in one area; so it has been easy to avoid the crowds. I forget from time to time that there is even a festival going on when I'm wondering anchient ruined cities with no one else in sight.


I rented a scooter/motorbike for 150rs per day so I can go explore on my own. After filling it up with some petro I was off to see what Hampi had to offer. The landscape and sights here are breathtaking! Almost none of the ruins have entrance fees or 'out of bounds' ropes, it's a nice change from other world heritage sites and feels so much more 'real'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment