twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sivananda Ashram


I don’t even know where to start on writing about the ashram so I’ll just write what comes to mind in no particular order.

On the first day during lectures we went around introducing ourselves and why we came to the ashram, problem was I don’t know why I came to the ashram. Why do we always have to have reasons for the things we do? My answer... ‘why not?’ (said in a more intellectual way of course).

Prepping for morning Yoga.
The first three days were the most challenging. I had only done two or three yoga classes before arriving, it was a struggle to keep up but I wanted to push myself. We did 4-6 hours a day of hatha yoga classes plus another hour for personal yoga and/or meditation coaching. My body was continuously sore, simple things like the steps up to the classes and lectures had become tiring. It was around day four or five things started to click. I had energy, an abundance of positive energy and I felt absolutely amazing. You could see the progress in myself and everyone else in the class. Postures that use to be a struggle to hold were now relaxing.

Getting ready to eat!
The food; oh the food. People either loved or absolutely hated the food. Maybe it was because my body needed the energy but I thought it was delicious. We ate two simple vegetarian meals every day, sitting on the floor eating with our hands, after our hatha yoga classes. All the food was pure to help our bodies, which means there were no onions, garlic, processed foods, or meats.



I will write a more detailed post with pictures about the ashram later as there is so much to tell. Until then, if anyone has questions feel free to ask me here or via email :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment