twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Monday, November 1, 2010

Banoffee Pie?


One of my favourite memories of Varkala is the night me and Ceri (from England) went on search of Banoffee pie. Before leaving Canada I had never had, or ever heard of, Banoffee pie. If it wasn’t for the two travelers I met, Helen and Ceri, I would have never fallen in love with this English dessert. (I’ll give a link to a pie wiki here as I don’t know how to fully explain it other than it’s an amazing dish that has a shortbread type base with cream on top, usually surrounded by bananas.)

A few of us had been eating the pie practically every day while in Palolem (Goa) and were happy to find it on a number of menus in Varkala. Only problem was no one seemed to have them in stock. Ceri and I were craving the pie after supper one night so we took off on a quest to find it. We looked for what seemed like hours, asking every restaurant and person we could find.

In the end we didn’t actually find any but the fact that everyone remembered us as the people who just want Banoffee pie, and bugged us about it every time we walked by any of the restaurants or shops in the following days .

This is an scheduled posting which means I'm still at the Ashram with no internet access. - Simon

0 comments:

Post a Comment