twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The little things


Even though it's only been a short time here I'm starting to forget how things are back home. I haven’t had a hot shower in over a month now, or drank water from a tap. No one speaks the same type of English as I do; I’m starting to pick up accents depending on who I’m around at the time.

Garbage, where are the garbage bins? I still hate littering the streets of India with my garbage but I rarely (read never) have any other choice.  Recycling bins? I wish. I don’t think India has any sort of recycling program.  The guest house we stayed at in Palolem (Goa) used our Tuborg beer bottles to create walls around the plants as they had nowhere else to put the bottles.

After staying in a new room every night everywhere I go I’m starting to forget what mine looks like back home. I’ve gotten use to the Indian way of driving; hopefully I don’t continue to drive like that back home though as it won’t go over well. What do you mean I can’t just urinate everywhere and pay off police officers for any sort of offence? I remember when a police officer tried to pull me over in Fort Kochi and I just waved back and speed up on my motorbike, acting as if I thought we was just waving to me. I wonder if bargaining will work back home? And to what degree before people just get offended?

It will be interesting to see how I’ve changed once I get home and all the little things, even if I hate them now, that I will miss about India.


This is an scheduled posting which means I'm still at the Ashram with no internet access. - Simon

1 comments:

Unknown said...

http://teddyhilton.com/2010-11-03-decreasing-owl-population-in-india-may-be-party-due-to-owl-popularity-in-harry-potter/?from=PH


check out the above link!

Post a Comment