twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 11: the Canadian invasion


Random heart shaped rock formation

Out of all the backpackers I met in Mumbai not a single one was from, or had been to, Canada.

I woke up this morning and was introduced to some new arrivals at the hostel right after I took a shower. I spent a good 10-15 minutes talking with a couple guys that came in from Montreal Canada, hope they didn't mind all I had on was a towel that was being blow around in the wind.



Stuffed Calamari, Mmmm.. ($3)
Moments later while walking back to my room I ran into two other Canadians that had just moved into the dorms last night, two gals from Alberta. I was quite surprised to meet other people from the prairies. They invited me to join them for breakfast and we ended up spending the rest of the day on the beach, frequently running into others people that I know.

Anjuna reminds me of my home city in the way that you always run into someone you know on practically every street.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Are you going to go to the Commonwealth Games October 3 - 14th in New Delhi?

p.s. its a beautiful autumn day in stoon and its actually 22 degrees out!

Simon S said...

I can't believe it's still that warm out! Hope you are making good use of the beautiful weather.

I did actually have a hostel room booked for a week in New Delhi during the Common Wealth Games but cancelled it about a week ago. It seems like it will be a disorganized mess and New Delhi is one of the dirties cities in India, according to everyone I've meet. They are still far behind on construction of everything including the venues and athletes village.

So instead of visiting Delhi during the games I will be stopping by in November as I work my way around the country.

Post a Comment