twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Gathering Gear: Digital Camera


Seeing as my current digital camera is older than I care to admit, I thought it would be a wonderful time to pick its successor. Over the past couple weeks I went out and bought three cameras: the Sony WX1($220), Sony HX5($340), and Samsung ST550($280).


My choice, the Sony HX5!
I held on to all three of the cameras for seven days to compare their features and photo quality versus their respectable prices. The Samsung had a duel LCD screen, one being on the front, which is a rather attractive feature for those traveling solo. Unfortunately the photo quality and other features paled in comparison to the Sony cameras. With the Samsung out of the picture, no pun intended, it was down to the two Sony's.


In the end it really came down to size, WX1, versus extra features, HX5. I returned both the Samsung and Sony WX1 to the store, keeping the Sony HX5 for its impressive features and built in GPS which will come in handy for geotagging.

2 comments:

DUNNWONG said...

You should totally hunt down a geocache in India!!

Simon S said...

I've always been curious about geocaching. I looked it up and there are actually a quite a few around where I want to go!

If I get the chance I might hide one by Darjeeling up in the Himalayas!

Post a Comment