twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Planning my arrival in Mumbai

Warning: I tend to use the term 'planning' in a very vague sense.

I recently planned my arrival in Mumbai. By 'planning my arrival' I mean to say 'I booked a hostel for my first two nights in the city'. This might not seem like much planning for a three month trip in a foriegn country, but it's a nice break in routine for myself. My flight will touch down late into the night on September 14th, by the time I get through customs and exit the airport it will probably be 3am.

A small glimpse of the famous Crawford Market.
When booking my hostel they offered an airport pick up, warning me that I will most likely be tired and confused with considerable jet lag. Although this sounded pleasant, I had to decline. The prospect of an wild adventure from the airport in a cheap, and possibly crazy, taxi seems like a warm welcome to India.

My room? A simple double bed room, common bathroom, with a desk and lamp, all squeezed into a tiny room beside one of the busiest markets in Mumbai for 775rs($18).

2 comments:

Mike said...

That would be just 10 days from now! It's getting very close, Simon. Are you planning any get togethers before you leave? All you can eat sushi perhaps?

Simon S said...

It's surprising how quickly my departure date is coming up. I've been having coffee & drink get togethers, no plans any big final good-bye type deal though.

Your pictures from Peru look amazing! Hope you're having a blast!

Post a Comment