twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday, October 15, 2010

30 days in India


I just realized that today is the 30 day mark of my trip. I can't believe how quickly time has been flying by, especially while on the beaches in Goa. I will be leaving Goa soon, honestly. More updates will be posted shortly with where I am headed.

Updates from Palolem:

I had my first kayak adventure a couple days ago. Four of us rented two doubles and went out for an hour or two. Both kayaks capsized at some point. Helen jumped out of ours to flip Ceri and Luke's kayak in the middle of the ocean. Our kayak was good and stable until we got about 20 feet from shore and stopped paying attention to how the boat was drifting. A wave came from behind and flipped the kayak over pining us against the sand for a moment as we were already back in such shallow water.

I also had my first experience with Yoga, I figured India isn't a bad place to give it a try. We found a local teacher that offers classes on a rooftop. The classes ran for about 1.5 hours and cost 200rs($4-5). I wasn't sure what to expect from Yoga but I enjoyed it. I may look for other yoga classes, or even a yoga retreat, throughout my travels.

I can't find a way to upload my pictures as I'm stuck using an internet cafes right now. I'll put some pictures up as soon as I can find a WiFi connection.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How "Eat.Pray.Love" of you to do yoga in India. JK! I'm so jealous of your fun adventure.

SW said...

I second Brett's comment haha

Simon S said...

I have yet to see Eat Pray Love. I was hoping they would have it on the plane on one of my flights to India but no luck. I'll have to watch it when I get back and compare it to my trip :)

Post a Comment