twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 39: Ashrams and indefinite plans

Little Tibet Restaurant/Bakery
I met a girl yesterday that had just came back from the ashram in Kerala that I had emailed yesterday and was hoping to attend if they have space. The good news is it sounds like they have space as everyone is leaving sooner then they planned. The girl I talked to originally planned to stay for three weeks but broke-down and left before the end of the ninth day at the ashram.

I am still looking forward to the ashram, regardless of whether I love it or hate it I know it will be a good experience. There hasn't been any reply from the ashram yet, but I just sent it yesterday asking if they have room for the next period starting on November 1st.

I'm looking into trains today because even if they do have space for me I have just over a week before it starts. Maybe I'll take an overnight train back up north to Hampi or Mysore which I missed on the way down to Kerala.

No definite plans yet, but I love the feeling of not knowing where I'll be ever a couple days from now.



Side-note: The accommodation we are staying at here in Varkala, Kerala is quite different from all the other places so far in the trip. We are staying at the 'Kerala Bamboo House' which is two small villages of bamboo huts for rent. The three of us (Ceri, Helen, and myself) are sharing a decent sized hut with an attached bathroom for 500rs [or 160rs($3-4)/person] per night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment