twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 16: Touring Goa



Today was the birthday of one of the girls at our hostel so four of us booked a taxi and driver for the entire day and drove around Goa. 

We found a small monastery that has a waterfall behind it and we were able to go down into the water. Shortly after some of the locals where sending offerings down the river from the monastery. I’m never quite sure what the boundaries are as a foreigner because they will never be posted/explained ahead of time and seem to vary depending on so many variables. Luckily, people at the monastery didn’t seem to mind us going in the water by the waterfall where they were sending their offerings from at the time.

The best memories of today where the little things, singing in the car, playing drinking games on the beach, creating new ways to distract local hawkers, a grand supper of over twenty people at one table followed by hours of great conversation around a Hookah on the oceanside with some travelers from England.

I am still waiting for my insulin pump to arrive but my booking at this hostel has ended a while ago. The hostel owner made arrangements so that I could stay longer, but with tomorrow fully booked it looked like I would have to check out until two of the girls offered me one of their beds for the night so that I don’t have to move hostels. I love the backpacker community here at Evershine in Anjuna, Goa.

Hoping I get my insulin pump soon as I would like to meet some other travelers who are heading south to Kerala for a houseboat trip on the backwaters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment