twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Monday, October 18, 2010

Review: EverShine Guest House in Anjuna, Goa, India

Fascinating people, everlasting memories

After finding this guest house on Hostel world I booked a weeks stay online before leaving Mumbai for Goa. I ended up staying for quite a bit longer than I originally planned, but that seems to be a common habit for those staying at the hostel.

As soon as I arrived I was greeted by a group of backpackers on the porch and the owner, Sebastianna, who is without a doubt one of the nicest hostel owners I've ever meet. Within 5 mins after arriving I was already off on the back of a scooter of a fellow I had just met to one of the near by beaches.

The hostel is kept surprising clean, especially for India. The guest house offers several private rooms with their own bathroom then a few dorm style rooms that share two common bathrooms.

All the necessities are within walking distance, as is the local beach which goes on for several miles. Scooters, along with anything else you could think of, are available for rent through the owner for reasonable prices.

Prices at the time I stayed (Sept-Oct 2010)
- Scooter rentals 150-200rs/day
- Tours (including car&driver) 150rs-500rs/person/day
- WiFi Internet 100rs/day
- Private rooms 260-400rs/day, Dorms 150rs/day (both vary with the seasons)

1 comments:

Kira said...

We're starting to plan MASS and I totally miss you!! your ability to pull budget numbers for 3 potential budgets and a multiple items out of thin air is unrivalled. Glad to see you're having a good time and are touring around. Can't wait to hear about the monastery. Post some pics of your face!!! Big hugs!!

Post a Comment