twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 37-38: Exploring Varkala


Varkala turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I didn't really know what to expect as I'd never heard of this town before Helen suggested it. Most of the hotels, resturants, and other tourist attractions are situated on the cliff side which has a beach on each end. The cliff is a steep drop and there is rarly anything between you and it other then a foot or so of grass beside the walk way. I'll have to make sure I walk on the side further away from the cliff when I start drinking.

We found an amazing Hatha yoga class (200rs per 1.5hr class) on the rooftop of a local hotel/building. The roof is covered for shading but you can still head the ocean throughout the class as it is literally a few steps away.

I'm making use of my time here by planning my next step which will hopefully be an ashram close by where I can live for two weeks while studying yoga and meditation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment