twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Monday, October 25, 2010

Departures: current and future


Sea-side view, a little walk from my bamboo hut
After eating a hearty breakfast at the Little Tibet restaurant I called the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram, the name is quite a mouthful, to check if they had received my email  and had any spots available for their courses starting on the first of November. The person who answered the phone spoke barley enough English to let me know that I could just show up on the 31st of October if I was content with living in the dormitories.

Helen and Ceri, the two British girls who I've been traveling with for a month now, are headed north to Chenni later today. They are working their way up to Mount Everest in Nepal. Before coming to India my plan was actually to do the same, but my visa got messed up and I received a single entry instead of a multiple entry, that means if I were to leave India I won't be allowed back in. I'm almost tempted to go to Nepal then work my way down through Thailand to Malaysia. It would be an expensive change in plans as the fees for changing my flights are ridiculous, but it still isn't completely out of the question.

For now, I'm spending tonight in Varkala then heading to the local train-station tomorrow morning without any tickets or set destination. The plan is to arrive with my bags packed and buy whichever ticket is available for a random city in Kerala, I'll figure out the details on the train-ride to the destination.

I'm back to solo travel for a bit which will take some getting use to. The random travelers I have met along the way in India have been great, especially the group from Evershine Guest House in Anjuna (you know who you are) who I traveled with for over a month.

2 comments:

Shamil said...

There are a lot of beautiful places in India that you can still see. You should really check out Munnar in Kerala- Its gorgeous, and the east end of India has some of the most beautiful scenic views on earth (like Arunachal Pradesh). Awesome blog by the way, i've been following it from the start.

SW said...

That photo. Heaven on earth!!!

Post a Comment