twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Palolem

I just found an internet cafe so I thought I'd share some updates.

What I get to see every day, the perfect sunset.
Around eleven of us from my guest house in Anjuna shared two taxis from Anjuna to Palolem a couple days ago. With so many of us coming together the ride down was both fast (2-3hrs) and cheap (300rs/person). It reminded me of summer road trips with friends back home. Half way through we asked for a pit-stop to grab some food and water, but he must have misheard us as he pulled over at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.


We found a place right beside the beach that Tony had stayed at last year. The rooms are simple but clean and extremely cheap considering the beach, which is empty, is only a minute walk out the back. I think we are paying around 350-450rs per room most of which are shared between 2-3 people. Accommodation here will average out to around 115rs($2.5)-225rs($5)/person per night, which mean more money for beer and food.

I'm trying to plan out my next move as I feel like I could spend forever in Goa if I don't actively seek to go somewhere else.

Thank you to everyone who has been sending me emails and messages with updates on things back home. They always put a smile on my face. It may take me a while to reply to them but they are the first things I check for when I find an internet connection :)

1 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Simon, I've been reading your blog every day with great interest. I'm glad to hear your insulin pump arrived so that you can continue with your travels, although from what you have described, staying in Goa forever might not be a really horrible idea, haha.

Post a Comment