twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Killer Coconuts (Random missed post)


I have developed a new fear, one greater than my previous fear of hammoks, a fear of coconuts!

Someone once told me coconuts kill more people every year than sharks do. I have seen coconuts fall from high up in the trees a fair number of times over the past couple weeks. I had a close call in Palolem when a small coconut, about the size of a baseball, fell a couple feet from where I was sitting. They are so far up that by the time they reach the ground the combination of their size and velocity makes quite the impact, sometimes enough to kill someone if hit in the head.

I called home for the first time this morning, other then sorting out my insulin pump. I was talking to my parents on speaker phone when all the sudden, BANG! My back went numb for a minute, it took me a couple seconds to realize what happened. It was a coconut, the worlds most dangerous fruit.

The coconut that struck me is currently sitting in our room. I am planning my revenge, I will soon break it open and turn it into a pina colada.

0 comments:

Post a Comment